Thursday, January 31, 2008

Deliriously in love: where steak costs as much as chicken.

Day 29: I am currently drunk in Buenos Aires. I am in love. This city is so effing fantastic!!! That is all I can say, really.

I arrived here last night and bunked with Eden in her 4* Hotel Colon. Oh, how nice it felt to sleep in a room with complementary towels and soaps and fluffy pillows. Sigh. I am just a spoiled kid at heart.

Anyhoo, I am seriously madly in love with this city. I am almost regretting leaving this charming place come the 2nd (heading to Puerto Madryn, Argentina). Ah, but I will be back. No doubt about it. (Gabe, you love the steaks. Well, let me tell you, these fuckin steaks man--they are ridic. That is all I have to say about that.) I am quite seriously considering buying an apartment here. Yes, it was love at first sight.



Guess how much that steak cost! It was the size of our heads. Our lunch consisted of one huge-o steak, two delicious bottles of wine, many side dishes.... how much do you suppose it was??

Man, I am so deliriously happy (wine happy). I am sad Eden has finally left for good. Boohoo. Regardless, we had an excellent run. Loves ya, E!

On Saturday, I head to Puerto Madryn. The weather forecasts inform me that it´s lovely there. We shall see. Regardless, Buenos Aires. Oh sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Well, I will be back... very soon. HEEEEEEEEEEEEEHEE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh snap! I'll bet that steak is 400x better than the "Argentinian steak" I paid $20 for in Cancun! Stay safe!