Monday, January 28, 2008

Not down with siesta

Ok. I did not realize siesta time was taken so literally in Argentina. There is nothing open. Sometimes from the hours of 10am to 5pm. I am not down with this. I need jeans. And an adaptor. And an empanada.


Other realizations while travelling:

My next job needs to pay at least as well as my last. This means I probably have to work in finance (moan) again. Travelling poor-girl style is ok but boy do I want a big ol´ bathroom with 5 different sized towels and an entire range of self-cleaning products. Eden is living it up in her giant suite in Buenos Aires and I´m being harassed by fellow dorm mates in Salta. Not cool. Definitely treating myself one of these days.

Hey Gabe, you said you had coupons for like fancy hotels right??? Heehee.


On language barriers:

My spanish is getting better, no doubt, but I just cannot understand people here! I can read it well enough and ask for the basic things I need, but people speak sooooo fast! It´s impossible to make heads or tails of a word!!! Maybe in another month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get pampered here:

http://www.sanalfonso.cl/

they have the world's largest swimming pool think you can take paddle boats out on it.