Saturday, January 26, 2008

Desert town, US prices

Day 24: Currently in San Pedro de Atacama, still. Eden and I separated this morning (byee!! sniffles). Tomorrow I'm heading by bus to Salta, Argentina. Unfortunately, there isn't much choice when it comes to busses to Salta from this town so I'll be arriving late in the night. This means, if you don't get an update from me by Monday, contact the authorities! A fake taxi has kidnapped me!

Ok, I'm to lazy to post a full report at the moment of the last couple of days. Suffice it to say, there has been some amazing scenery around here. That said, I'm glad to be getting out of this expensive town!!!! US prices, no gracias! (Of course, the prix fixe dinners here for about $11USD are a pretty sweet deal).

Here are a couple photos to whet your appetite for my full report:


Vicuñas in the distance. I kept thinking of how nice a vicuña coat would be. Apparently they aren't able to be domesticated and only produce about 100g of hair per year/2 years! This is why your vicuña jacket is crazy pricey.


E & I on the Valle de Luna tour. There are some better photos with cooler scenery but I was loathe to wait for my stupid camera to load up in full on the computer here.


Sunset over the Valle de Luna.


Flamingos!

No comments: