Saturday, December 29, 2007

Backpack meets shallow city girls

I can never sleep before impending travel. Also, my right leg is in pain due to the muscle atrophying from the last 10 days of complete disrespect for any sort of healthful eating or activity, I think. (The impending travel is referring to my return to Chicago--not yet leaving for South America).

Conversation with Eden, the travel buddy:


Eden: There is a guy in Ecuador named 'party boy' who
will be hanging out with us a couple days
Panda: (Laugh) What? Uhmm, doood, we will look like
such crap.
Eden: Um. Yes.
Panda: Plus I'll be super fatty since I have just been
stuffing my pie-hole non-stop this past week as
I've been using the "I'll just lose the weight
there" excuse.
Eden: SAME!
Panda: One tapeworm away from our goal weight!
Eden: Seriously. Are you even bringing make-up?
Panda: I guess now I'll have to!


Into the backpacking bag now goes the make-up bag: Burt's Bees, eyebrow pencil, mascara, eyeliner, foundation, blush, and one shade of eyeshadow. Totally reasonable.


Fret not Boyfriend if you just read this. "Party Boy" sounds like a total douche anyway! Teehee.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zooey Zooey Zooey.....I think our strategy to get as fat as possible so we can lose it all in South America is not realistic. What if we come back even larger. I shudder at the though!

Joey said...

Well, considering street food consists of grilled guinea pig (which I will still try), I can't imagine we'd get even fatter.. though yes.... SHUDDER AT THE THOUGHT!

natis said...

Party Boy can also sounds like he prefers his own gender since "party boy" doesn't really conjure up a sense of masculinity.

On another note: why are things on your site now in French?

natis said...

"Party Boy can also sounds"

man, i must get into the habit of proofing this shit.