Sunday, June 01, 2008

In Shanghai and having a panic attack

2005 feels like it was multiple lifetimes ago. My self-defined "time-off" is halfway over, and I haven't exactly had any epiphanies in the way I'd hoped. Meanwhile, time is still forging ahead at warp speed, and I'm just along for the ride. This is the quarter-life crisis. "Welcome to the club," he said.

Wait, so like, how old were you when you got your life together, anonymous reader?

The worst is, it's not really the "getting my life together" that I want and fear not having. It seems instead to be the fear that at some point, I'm going to have to. No more travelling around the world with little regard for my health and finances! And unfortunately for me and my sex, there is a deadline to our frivolity.

(No, biological clock isn't ticking... exactly. It's just like ambient noise in the background--really annoying ambient noise reminding me that I need to start looking into anti-ageing beauty products.)

3 comments:

jimmiwin said...

It's shedding the fear itself is when you'll get your "life together".

Anonymous said...

I still don't feel like I have my life together, but having The Wife with me certainly makes the path easier to travel.

My goodness, how long are you going to be traveling around the world? haha... stay safe! :)

natis said...

one word. ativan.