Monday, April 28, 2008

Onwards and upwards (or not)

There is more snow here than in Whistler. What is going on with the weather? This time of year only the peaks of the highest mountains should have a dusting of snow. Not so for us. Original plan to hike up Haba Xue Shan/Haba Snow Mountain (5,396m) here in Yunnan is postponed until the weather gets better--if it gets better. Also will need to buy more equipment as my pitiful jacket and pant combo that got me through Peru's coldest trekking is definitely not sufficient here in these conditions. Hoping it gets better within the next few days as the Pops and I are currently seeking some respite in Shangri-la (paradise my ass). It's hardly any warmer here at 3,600m.

So yes, there are a few days missing in my travelog here. I'm now in Shangri-la.

(Eden, if you're reading this, you would have surely killed me on the bus ride from Haba Village to Shangri-la this morning if you thought that bus ride to Tumbes, Peru was bad... man.. heehe)

No comments: