Thursday, April 03, 2008

Tumblr is a no go; Update from the PRC

But blogger & blogspot is working fine! Google and the government must have had a little conversation about such matters. As such, I'm relocating again. Followers of this blog--what few of you there are--must really hate me.

So I am currently in the PRC--Shenzhen (the first of China's special economic zones), to be exact. This city is very new. One thing that struck me about Taipei is how old and delapidated most of the buildings are. Here in Shenzhen, everything is pretty much under 20-years old and totally spanking new with some crazy architecture to boot. Of course, as with all Chinese, there is underwear hanging in all the fancy condo balconies. Sigh, Chinese.

I arrived this morning and did some shopping. I must say, I'm a little disappointed with the shopping here (ie, the main reason I'm here). While shopping, I also visited the first McDonald's in mainland China (to use the bathroom). If you gotta go pee, it's best to find a reliable chain like McD's to do it. Other places... eh...

Ok. That's enough for my lame update. Uh, more to come later? I'm boring.

1 comment:

fattoadie said...

seriously, what the shizzie---you've set my technologically backwards azz back 5 years. do you hear my cries of frustration? "wheeere's the blogggg???" anyhoo, i laughed a lot once i found the tumlbr posts from vancouver, taipei (oh GOD!!!!! the FOOOOOOD!!!!) (Ah, si? Puedo utilizar html? vale.) if you move one more time i'm going to break out a can of whoopazz (and what is going onwit the french?
love,
jess