Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Picturesque Braşov

This afternoon I was sitting in the courtyard of the nearby St. Nicholas Church thinking, "Ahh, so this is that provincial life of which artists write and paint about." I can't wait to see the French countryside.

The feeling I have of Romania here in Braşov could not be more disparate than the one I had upon arriving in Bucharest. I don't feel like uploading my photos so you can visit this guy's flickr album to get a sense.

Tomorrow I do a lightning speed tour of the nearby castles and fortresses before heading off on the night train to Vienna. Skipping Budapest for the time being as there is some music festival there causing all prices to be exorbitantly high.

Tips for Travellers: if you come to Romania, I highly recommend renting a car and driving through Transylvania. There are too many places you just can't easily see without your own set of wheels.

Next up: Vienna, Prague, Berlin...

1 comment:

natis said...

Oh Vienna, how much I miss that city. But chica, you need to find your way to Hallstatt. You take the train to a boat. Seriously. It's one of those "once in a lifetime" places.

And you should be spending more time in Austria! If I get a BMW and do European delivery, I may drag you with me. ;p