Friday, June 22, 2007

An Alternative Black

Black: the colour of my heart and fabrics that are as timeless as they are slimming.

But they've started to make for a boring closet. I have numerous "little black dresses"--some not quite so little and others that could use a little more. And while these "little black dresses" are lovely and wonderful and always a stand-by favourite when there is "nothing to wear!", I've lately come to pushing past them in my closet looking for better things to wear.

The altnernative: the little plum dress.

Pony has one, and let me tell you: the right shade of plum does wonders for all skin tones! Being that plum (or purple) is a mix of red and blue, it can play off both the warm and cool. Also, being that plum is neither black or brown, all those black and brown accessories would go nicely. Gosh, what a great colour. It livens up the spirits.

Now I just need to find me a nice "little plum dress" to wear to a wedding this weekend.

I'll be writing from Texas, ya'll.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beauuuutiful! Plum is certainly one of the best colors out there. Thinking about it, a good majority of the non-clothing fabrics in my house are plum (sheets and such).

Let us know what you find :)