Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Canada's birthday

My sleep schedule has been abnormally normal since returning to this side of the Pacific. Of course, it's jetlag, but it does a person good to fall asleep by 10:30pm and wake up by 7:30am. I hear the birds chirping contentedly outside my window, and the sun is shining, and there's that nice morning calm and tranquility and dewy, fresh air; if only life could continue like this indefinitely.

I started my search for a "job" yesterday. I'd like some temporary work or a volunteer position, but alas, idealist.org is just not that helpful in Canada. New York gets all the hits. Anyway, I'll keep looking--or go to Europe. Whatever fits its way into my life first, I guess.

In the meantime, I've also hit up the local library. Haven't gone to a library in ages and like, wow. It's almost too good to be true to get access to all these books--for free! The selection at the local library is pretty paltry, but I did load up on a couple of Canadian authors. Reading JPod is making me nostalgic for Vancouver (and the office. Ok, not really. But kind of).

Oh, and happy Canada Day! Looking forward to barbequed chicken wings tonight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Library books scare me. I imagine where they've been..